I just bought a this motherboard and it came with BIOS v0029.
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature2/Dual Fan/2048MB (02G-P4-2687-KR)
OCZ synapse 64GB for cache
Here is what I did.
1. At first I used an i7-2600 while waiting for i7-3770k that I ordered.
2. Changed the SATA mode to RAID.
3. Installed Windows 7 64bit
4. I went online to download BIOS v0045. Reboot the system and hit F7 to flash new BIOS.
5. Went in to BIOS setup and load default settings and restart.
6. Went in to BIOS again to change SATA mode back to RAID. I also overclocked the memory to 2133Mhz and saved the settings.
7. And then I installed the softwares and games that I needed like MS office, Skype, games like Need for speed the run, Crysis 3, etc...
8. Then I installed my WD siliconedge 128GB and used it as a cache by usin ISRT just for temporary purpose.
9. The time my i7-3770k and OCZ synapse arrived, I uninstalled my WD siliconedge by disabling acceleration in ISRT.
10. Swapped processor and SSD.
11. I turned on the system and by the time the system starts to boot up the OS, the Win7 boot logo only shows for a second and disappears and the system is frozen.
12. I thought it was the SSD so I removed it. Boot it up again and still the same issue.
13. Went it BIOS setup and load everything to default.
14. Went it BIOS setup again and set SATA mode to RAID.
15. Finally OS boot up.
16. I wait for all components install for the OS detected there were some hardware changes then restarted the system.
17. I installed DATAPLEX for my OCZ SSD.
18. Reboot the system and everything was fine.
19. Then I tried overclocking the memory again in the BIOS to 2133Mhz. The same issue happen, My OS just won't boot up with this memory speed even without the SSD installed.
20. Lowered the memory speed down to 1866Mhz and OS is able to boot up with this setting.
My steps probably a little bit long but I hope everything was covered if you guys need to reproduce it. I want to try reinstalling my OS with the overclocked memory setting but it could be a waste of time to do it cause it takes a lot of time to do this and to just find out it is just an incompatibility issue or a BIOS issue or something else.
Could you guys please help me find out if it is my RAM that is incompatible or this is a BIOS issue that needs to be fixed or is there something that I missed in the BIOS setting.
This computer rocks by the way!