1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 4:43 PM by Dan_Intel

DZ77BH-55K - PCI Express x16 Bus - What is the meaning of "x8 electrical; x16 compatible"

Joseph Garcia

Hi Folks,

This is my first time posting to this discussion, so if I make any mistakes or misqueues, please let me know, so that I can correct them in the fiuture.

I recently purchased and installed a DZ77BH-55K motherboard, along with a I7-2600K processor.  I am using the Windows 7 64-Bit operating system.

I need to connect 4 independent monitors with their own separate resolutions to this system, and my plan is to install two video cards in the two PCI Excpress x16 slots, in a NON-SLI configuration.  The two video cards have their own direct supplementary power connectors to the power supply.

The requirements for these video cards state "PCI Express or PCI Express 2.0 compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot".

My question to you is, does the "x8 electrical; x16 compatible" comment for the second PCI Express x16 slot on the motherboard have any significance or limiting factors on what I am trying to configure with two independent video cards to achive a 4 independent monitor configuration?

Any comments will be very welcome.

Thank you.

Joe