8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2012 6:09 AM by nagufever

Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows

nagufever

Sometimes, i have boot 2 times before entering Windows.Is it because i hook wireless adapter(USB port) before i on the computer?Or is it because i not  changed the CMOS battery which already failed? When i enter Windows,the startup icons like wireless network,Sound icon(Analog Device)are missing when enter dekstop using windows 7 home premium 64 bit.What are causing these peoblem?Is the motherboard faulty?

• 1. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
          Flying_Kiwi

If this is a new build, have you checked to ensure no earthing of the board is taking place? You can ensure this is not the case by assembling a basic 'just the essentials' PC using its parts out of the case/chassis and on an antistatic mat or clean non-conductive table etc. Its most unlike a new board to have a failed CMOS battery so that's my guess. Similarly if the BIOS defaults aren't loaded, your optional board features may be disabled so try loading (and saving out of) BIOS default values. The manual for your motherboard will cover how to do this if you are unsure.

• 2. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
            nagufever

I tried on starting the motherboard using antistatic plastic.It turn on automatically when i switch the PSU power button.It normally does a POST and swith off automatically in mormal mode.So, what could likely be the cause for my motherboard behaviour?

• 3. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
              said

hello,

i have the same probleme  i replaced the battery cmos with a new one CR2032 maxell  and no changement a allways receive the message "cmos battery failure" and "ME intializing failure" the motherboard reboot many times and sometimes it shutdown automatiquely when i try to save the changement in the bios my config is DQ45CB Cpu C2D E8600 PSU Fortron 400 W please give us a solution for the probleme.

best regards

• 4. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
                Flying_Kiwi

If you have the PC set in the BIOS (under the power settings) to turn back on again after a power outage, that would explain the starting up as soon as the PSU is switched on (even though you've not attempted to boot the board). If you load and save BIOS default values and check in the power settings to ensure its set to remain off after power comes back on, that'd be the way to stop this behaviour. The rest of the boards behaviour seems to be normal and as you want it, is that right?

In the above 'out of case' test, if you connect a case power switch to the board and turn the board on (you could even use a short piece of wire to momentarily make the connection between the correct two motherboard header pins - check the boards manual carefully as it's very important you momentarily connect only the correct pins), does all behave properly then as well? It sounds as if something about your case was touching against the motherboard where it shouldn't and causing it to earth out.. If your further testing out of the case results in normal start ups and shutdowns then its time to reassemble the board back into the case again but this time be extra careful to ensure nothing is connecting with any part of the board apart from where there should rightly be connections. In particular look for things like loose standoffs or screws down the back of the board and make sure the board attachment screws are not overtightened. You could even test it out in a different case if you have one spare.

• 5. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
                  Flying_Kiwi

What brought on this problem said or has it always behaved this way since you assembled the PC? Have you also tried testing out of the case as mentioned above?

• 6. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
                    said

so well thanks for responding me i'm  not the assembler it's wortamann ag it's commercialized under the brand of terra computer the mainboard is DQ45CB i have the user manual  of intel i have tried all the way but nothing is changed i have always the msg cmos batter failure so i well this night trie to run the mainboard out of case good night and thanks.

• 7. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
                      Flying_Kiwi

Hang on a minute - if you have a PC under warranty then first and foremost use the warranty to get it fixed for you. Be aware that opening up your case may impact the warranty so deal with your seller in the first instance,

• 8. Re: Intel DQ45CB:Have to boot up 2 times before enter Windows
                        nagufever

If my PC is out of warranty,can Intel repaired the motherboard as i will pay the charges?CAn i send direct to the Intel distributor in malaysia?