4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2012 7:27 AM by rasa

Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos.

rasa

Hi all,

Joined today itself so please forgive me if I am posting this question in some other section. Warm Greetings from my side.

My issue is that Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos. I have a DG35EC Board and 2.6Quad processor.

Dual Boot and I have updated windows to SP1. Can anyone suggests a turnaround for this issue. Also the screen freezes and then Blue screen appears

and machine restarts.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos.
          Flying_Kiwi

Hi rasa,

You've posted in exactly the right place and welcome here. When you upgraded to Win 7 SP1, it may have interferred with which drivers were being used. When you say the GMA stops responding, what do you mean - does the screen freeze and if so, what is the messatge given during the BSOD crash?

You could check that you are using all the latest Win 7 drivers for your board but be aware that the ones on Intels Website (you'll have to click the 'discontinued' radio button to see the relevant selections for your board)may be older than the ones built into Win 7 SP1. You'll need to look in device manager and see what drivers are currently installed. Below is a screenshot of my G45 (rather than your G35) driver entry, what does yours say for all the details in the window? Were the relevant Intel Chipset drivers installed after you first installed Win 7 and before installing any other drivers?

Graphics drivers.jpg

• 2. Re: Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos.
            rasa

Thanks for your response. But the screen freezes and the BSOD flashes for a second so could not read what the

exact message is. I have checked the driver and here is the screenshot. Plus I am attaching a log of the system file. Let me know if anything else is required. SP1 installation worked fine and it did not show any drivers that were interfering.

Graphics Product [1]    Intel® G35

Graphics Driver Version     not detected

3D Acceleration    Yes

Hardware Transform & Lighting Support     Yes

Video Memory    359.0 MB

Vertex Shader Support     4.0

Pixel Shader Support     4.0

Microsoft DirectX* Version     11.0

Graphics Product [2]    Intel® G35

3D Acceleration    Yes

Hardware Transform & Lighting Support     Yes

Video Memory    359.0 MB

Vertex Shader Support     4.0

Pixel Shader Support     4.0

Collapse/Expand MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION

Manufacturer     Intel Corporation

Model     DG35EC

AA Number    AAE29266-210

BIOS Vendor    Intel Corp.

BIOS Version    Intel Corp. ECG3510M.86A.0112.2009.0203.1136

BIOS Release Date    02/03/09

System Memory    2.1 GB

Built-in Audio Driver Component    Realtek ALC888S

Built-in Audio Driver Version    6.0.1.6201

Bios Software    Bios Information

Collapse/Expand PROCESSOR INFORMATION

Collapse/Expand WIRED NETWORKING INFORMATION

Collapse/Expand WIRELESS NETWORKING INFORMATION

• 3. Re: Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos.
              Flying_Kiwi

That entry 'Graphics Driver Version: Not Detected' is a bit of a worry. My MSINFO32.exe results differ quite a bit to yours so which 'system file' is your data from? It'd be worth attempting an uninstal (using the Control Panel 'Programs and Features' function) amd then reboot. Win 7 should take care of itself in terms of rebooting with native basic drivers. You could then redownload the latest drivers for your board (which is the version you already have that ends in 1930) and have another crack at installing them by running the exe file. Make sure you do that as first thing after the PC boots into Windows with no other programs opened and any Antivirus software turned off.

If you still have problem, what does DirectX's reporting function dxdiag have to say about the graphics setup on this PC?

• 4. Re: Graphics Media Accelerator stops responding in win7 while watching you tube videos.
                rasa

I uninstalled and windows reinstalled this driver. Here is the screenshot. I will check by watching you tube videos

and will get back to you.

Thanks..