Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Modular Server and Second Controller Issue

SBerg6
Novice

SO i added the second controller to my MFSYS25V2 modular server and am running into a peculiar issue. On CMs other than CM 1 (I have 3 total), when I look in Disk Management in Windows, it is showing a bunch of single 300GB drives that are offline. I have created my LUNs and VDs through the management console, installed 2008 R2 on all three hosts, and have been able to create about a dozen VMs. So everything seems to be working just fine, but why are the other 2 CMs showing these single drives in disk management? If I remove the second controller, they disappear.. Intel's MPIO IS installed all all three CMs.

I only noticed this after attempting to connect a SAN via iSCSI to these 3 CMs.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

When you add a second SCM, you must update the drivers for Windows so it can read the storage pools properly.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-029441.htm Intel� Modular Server Systems — Special instructions for installing dual Storage Control Modules

0 Kudos