Gamming Graphics: 6.2

why is low?? this are my spec:

i3 2330m

hd 3000

8GB ram (dual channel)

I have the lastest drivers, please a need a fix

• 1. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
          JFFulcrum

Microsoft scaled up experience index in Windows 8 like it was with Windows 7 vs Vista, so you cannot compare them directly.

• 2. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
            paramore

i don't believe, because I tried cs source in win 7 and the average fps was 193 fps but in windows 8 with the same setting the average was 150 fps so I think the are driver problem here.

• 3. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
              paramore

hello intel, help me

• 4. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                JFFulcrum

WEI score is not an absolute metric, like FPS. Its a combination of relative performance numbers, i.e. how your PC is good vs reference one, and ratings given by configuration, i.e. if your PC have between N-1 and N GB RAM, your score is N. In each new version of Windows Microsoft choose newer reference PC to compare with (so your old PC value becomes less) and give slightly different ratings for PC parts (so your 8 GB of RAM get only score 5 instead of 6 in past). Read Windows Experience Index: An In-Depth Look for more details about WEI calculation.

• 5. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                  paramore

No, is not that, because the score of processor, ram, and disk is the same only the graphics is lower, here is a driver problem, performance, because in games in general has low fps compare windows 7, you can open the log file "GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT" and compare windows 8 vs 7.

Here windows 7 GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT:

<HighDefPlaybackScore>TRUE</HighDefPlaybackScore>

<StdDefPlaybackScore>TRUE</StdDefPlaybackScore>

</WinSPR><Metrics><VideoDecodeMetrics>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="1920" Height="1080" ExpectedFrameCount="300">301</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="1920" Height="1080" ExpectedFrameCount="150">123</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="720" Height="480" ExpectedFrameCount="300">301</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="720" Height="480" ExpectedFrameCount="150">151</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="1920" Height="1080" ExpectedFrameCount="150">151</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="720" Height="480" ExpectedFrameCount="300">151</DecodeFrameCount>

</VideoDecodeMetrics></

And here Windows 8 GraphicsMedia.Assessment (Initial).WinSAT:

<HighDefPlaybackScore>FALSE</HighDefPlaybackScore>

<StdDefPlaybackScore>TRUE</StdDefPlaybackScore>

</WinSPR><Metrics><VideoDecodeMetrics>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="1920" Height="1080" ExpectedFrameCount="150">5</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="1920" Height="1080" ExpectedFrameCount="150">5</DecodeFrameCount>

<DecodeFrameCount Width="720" Height="480" ExpectedFrameCount="150">148</DecodeFrameCount>

</VideoDecodeMetrics></

Here is the problem the frame count in windows 8 is lower and has problem with HD playback, please intel fix the driver.

• 6. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                    Hendrik Vermaak

Hi,

I have also noticed the lower WEI score for the desktop graphics on my SAMSUNG NP300, i7 2670QM, 8Gig ram, nVidia Geforce GT 520MX, SAMSUNG 750Gig hdd.

Processor: Win 7 = 7.5 & Win 8 = 7.5

Memory: Win 7 = 7.5 & Win 8 = 7.9 Improvement

Graphics: Win 7 = 6.4 & Win 8 = 5.8 Decrease in performance

Gaming Graphics: Win 7 = 6.4 & Win 8 = 6.4 nVidia & 6.2 HD 3000

HDD: Win 7 = 5.9 & Win 8 = 5.9

I always use the GLclock metal clock by MASA to compare driver performance for the desktop graphics. Intel's latest drivers for Windows 7 gave 560fps, but with Windows 8 only 450fps.

SuperPi 1.5 score 1mill Cal. improveved though, Win 7 12.250sec & Win 8 12.180sec.

• 7. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                      Shonk

Its a driver problem

This is with an I7 2820QM and 1600mhz 9-9-9 Ram On windows 8

C:\>winsat dwmformal

Windows System Assessment Tool

> Video Memory Throughput                      6791.87 MB/s

The same laptop used to have a an i3 2350M 1333mhz ram on windows 7

and scored 7500 or 8500 on the Video Memory Throughput i cant remember which

so now that the ram is running at 1600mhz and the gpu now runs upto 1300mhz instead of 1150mhz it should be even higher again

I will be rolling back to windows 7 in the next few days and will do another test with the new cpu and 1600mhz ram

Well the ram has always been 1600mhz but ofc the I3 2350M would only run it at 1333

• 8. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                        medo3000

Same problem here with driver v9.17.10.3062. Hello Intel we need a fix.

• 9. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7

Hello all,

Microsoft* build the Windows Experience Index tool, so if you are experiencing any issues with the scores, contact Microsoft*directly.

• 10. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                            Shonk

Umm Video Memory Throughput is far lower on the Windows 8 drivers in comparison to the windows 7 drivers

hence the lower scores

I fail to see what contacting microsoft will do

its a driver issue at intel's end and nothing to do with microsoft

• 11. Re: Low score experience index windows 8 vs 7
                              medo3000

@Shonk You're absolutely right. It's Intel's fault not Microsoft.