1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 4:40 PM by Victor_Intel

DH77EB and USB Errors

SomeCrazyComputerGuy

I have noticed on at least 2 USB Devices (SanDisk SDHC cards reader and Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB) that I am getting error messages in the system log. Most of these are warming stating "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation." or Errors stating "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\DR5." Windows also gives me errors when copying to insert the correct disk or something similar.

Other USB 2 devices appear to work properly. I have the latest BIOS and USB 3 driver as of Today(6-28-12). Everything looks OK in device manager.

What are the chances that 2 USB devices died at the same time? I wonder about the DH77EB due to the USB 3 errors that happened with the previous BIOS. Both devices work properly on my previous system.

• 1. Re: DH77EB and USB Errors
          Victor_Intel

Hello,

I understand that you are getting various errors  when using USB 3.0 devices on your Intel(R) Desktop Board DH77EB.

Currently we don't have any newer BIOS releases that may fix the problem that you are experiencing,  We are still investigating the problems with USB 3.0 devices and trying to replicate them.

On some cases we are requesting customers to contact us to try to replicate the problem, I do recommend you to contact your local technical support to escalate your specific case to be replicated.

The contact information can be found at the following web site:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone?redirector_count=1&

Regards.

PV