Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Centrino N100 its there but its not

idata
Employee

It all started when i tried installed what i think was the wrong drivers, trying to get bluetooth working on a Asus K53sv

I have deleted the drivers and used the intel auto detect and update software and in the device manager it shows the wireless N100 in the network adapters but when i use the intel proset/wireless connection utility it states no supported wifi adaptors avalable in the system.

It appears in the control panel-network and internet-network connections as enabled and when opened shows its received but not sent.

Any ideas ? Thanks Brett

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Brett, thank you for your post.

From your description it appears that you may have a driver/software mismatch. In this case what would be recommended to do is uninstalling the current drivers and software, then install the latest ones.

To download the latest drivers you may need to connect to your router/modem with the Ethernet cable, or just download it on another computer then transfer the file the computer in need.

The steps to completely uninstall the related drivers and software:

1. Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel\ Control Panel home\ programs, 'uninstall a Program', check also for any other PROSet software and uninstall it too.
  2. Go to 'Start' right-click on 'Computer' click on device manager (on the left panel) click on "Network Adapters"\Double-Click the adapter name\Drivers Tab and click on the "Uninstall" button if present.
  3. Remove the Wireless folder found at C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Intel. (if you do not see the "AppData" folder you need to "unhide " it, pres 'alt' click on tools then 'folder options' in folder options click on 'view' then select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" then click ok )

You should obtain the drivers from your laptop manufacturer since they have tested the ones they post specifically with your system. If you have trouble with those you may test the generic ones from us, found at the link below, just scroll down on that link to check the "Which file should you download?" section:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21244&ProdId=3313&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2832-bit%29*&DownloadType=%0ASoftware%20Applications%0A

0 Kudos