0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 12:14 PM by Michael Powell

Strange PC Lock-up - Please Help - Desperate and Confused

Michael Powell

Good day Intel Community,

This PC I created for a client has been problematic from the start and I have been trying for 2 months now to correct this problem.

This is the spec I have put together:

Intel® Core i7 3820 Processor - 3.60GHz 10MB Cache Socket 2011

INTEL®  X79 Siler  - Socket LGA2011

OCZ 120GB SSD SATA 2.5" (OS Drive)

Western Digital Caviar Black - 2TB SATA 3 6Gb/s HDD (Storage)

Cooler Master GX 750 watt PSU

Cooler Master Silencio 550 Case

Asus GT 520 SILENT(fanless) Graphics Card

Sony DVD/CD DVDRW

Adata 2000MHz DDR3 XPG Gaming Series Dual Channel 4x4GB Kit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I have since realised that the ram voltage was incorrect(was 1.65v, needed 1.35v), so I swapped them out for Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3 Lovo(1.35v) 4x4GB modules, yet the same problem occurs.

My client uses Cubase for sound engineering and it keeps freezing 10 minutes or so into using the program, as well as freezing when viewing a video on youtube or with VLC. It works fine with WMP.  If I play the video with VLC on either the SSD or a flash drive it freezes, If I try to play the video on the WD 2TB HDD, it opens VLC, but doesnt play the video.

I have had the RAM, PSU and GPU tested and all are 100%. I have also tried various graphics drivers and nothing seems to work.

Please help

Message was edited by: Michael Powell I have since tested my NVidia Geforce GTX 285 Top GPU in this PC and it runs fine. Im guessing it seems to be a compatibility issue. Is there anyway of getting the X79 Siler and the GT 520 to be compatible with each other?