4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 8:41 AM by chappyeight

DZ68BC Bluetooth/WiFi Module Install Location

chappyeight

Please forgive me for the elementary question, but I'm curious as to where I should install the bluetooth/wifi module.  Can it be mounted inside the case or does it need to be mounted on the exterior of the case?  Secondly, I've not had a chance to study the mobo yet but the literature never mentions where the header is located on the board for this connection.  Could you please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 1. Re: DZ68BC Bluetooth/WiFi Module Install Location
          Parabellum

Hi there!

Just plug it in USB socket on the board  and leave it inside the case.

Here is a picture for help locating the place:

image_preview.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DZ68BC Bluetooth/WiFi Module Install Location
            Major_A

The module comes with double sided tape attached.  I mounted mine on the back of the motherboard tray.  I think the manual shows putting it on the backside of a 5.25" cover.   So it's really up to you where you want to put it.  The one thing I noticed is that the signal gets weak pretty quick and the the closer the module is to your bluetooth device the better.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: DZ68BC Bluetooth/WiFi Module Install Location
              w00tGrant

Not recommended to keep it inside the chassis as the metal case will reduce your RF signals for both WIFI and Bluetooth. The recommended manner is to use the double sided tape to stick it to the back of an empty drive bay plastic cover and then route the cable to the motherboard. In some cases people take the front plastic bezel off the chassis and mount it behind that if there are no available drive bays. The main thing is to get it outside of the metal chassis which is an RF shield.

• 4. Re: DZ68BC Bluetooth/WiFi Module Install Location
                chappyeight

Thank you all for your quick, thorough responses.  After some internal debate, I decided to affix it to the inside of an empty 5.25" drive bay.  I had been referencing the full PDF manual and it never occurred to me to check the quick reference picture guide.  On a more embarrassing note, I wasn't paying enough attention and never realized the connector was simply an internal USB connector (idiot).

Anyway, thanks again for your advice.