Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Cannot instal any driver (on Windows XP)

idata
Employee

Hello, I am not very experienced in computers or drivers, but I've been trying for some time to update my video card driver. I've had my computer for over two or three years now, but I recently came across a problem which required an update of my driver.

Info on my laptop:

System:

Microfost Windows XP Home Edition

With:

Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

When I look for the correct driver and download it, when installing it it says something like "The controller you are installing is not validated for this system. Obtain the adequate controller through the manufacturer of this system." (My computer is in Spanish, so I do not know the exact translation.) I have tried many different drivers, but they all show exactly the same message.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Laptops frequently use custom configured drivers by the manufacturer. You'd want to consult your laptop manufacturer instead. Look up their website for their newest driver, or call them and ask for it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Laptops frequently use custom configured drivers by the manufacturer. You'd want to consult your laptop manufacturer instead. Look up their website for their newest driver, or call them and ask for it.

0 Kudos