3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 1:54 AM by moesonic

SROMBSASMP2 RAID fw update fails with Exit code=17

bfun

I am trying to upgrade our RAID controller SROMBSASMP2 on our S5520UR motherboard via EFI but it fails, can anyone advise? More detail:

Package version on the controller: 9.0.1-0041

Package version of the image file: 11.0.1-0036

Exit code = 17

We are upgrading because the Readme shows so many problems that we don't want to experience.   However Flash package 11.0.1-0036 says it contains Firmware Version = 1.40.232-1007, but I don't know what fw version Flash package 9.0.1-0041 (as reported above) contains, ie I don't know what fw version is currently installed and therefore what range of bugs are fixed...

Rob

• 1. Re: SROMBSASMP2 RAID fw update fails with Exit code=17
          edwardzh

I suppose you have both the RAID Key and DIMM installed right? What's the BIOS version of your S5520UR board? Did it give any other messages besides Exit code = 17?

• 2. Re: SROMBSASMP2 RAID fw update fails with Exit code=17
            bfun

Yes I believe the RAID Key and DIMM are installed.  The BIOS is the latest version, 0.61  and the so is the backplane HSC 2.17.

In a manual called "Intel RAID software users guide", "d29305019_raid_swg_r19_0.pdf" Table 14 MFI messags number 17 says: info Flash downloaded image corrupt.   I downloaded the image again, and retried with the same result.

Full feedback after running update.nsh from EFI 2.0:

Adapter 0: Integrated Intel RAID SROMBSASMP2

Vendor IS 0x1000, Device ID 0x60

Package version on the controller: 9.0.1-0041

Package version of the image file: 11.0.1-0036

Exit code = 17

• 3. Re: SROMBSASMP2 RAID fw update fails with Exit code=17
              moesonic

I mean this error occurs when the version check told that the old fw is too old for the new fw.

In this case you have to update with following commands:

efi\cmdtool2 -adpfwflash -f MP2_1007.rom -noverchk -aall

( -> you have only to read the readme and follow the uefi update instructions...)

or edit the update.nsh:

cd CmdTool2

cd UEFI

CmdTool2.efi -adpfwflash -f ..\..\MP2_1007.rom -noverchk -aall