3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2012 10:40 AM by elspeth

Open  graphics  properties = screen  resolution  changes

elspeth

Hello  folks.

I  have  a  problem  in  that  every  time  I  open  'Graphics  properties..."  my  screen  resolution  and  position  alter.

I  never  get  as  far  as  actually  altering  any  properties  and  not  only  does  display  size  alter - usually  decreasing -  but  the  whole  display  sometimes  moves off  screen  to  some  extent  meaning  I  cannot  see  the  'Start'  button, othertimes  it  moves  the  other  way  and I  cannot  see  the  clock  and  some  icons  in the notification  area.

This  is  a  real  hassle  and  I  sometimes  have  to  resort  to  'System Restore'  to  get  back  to  a  normal, centred  display.

That  has  happened  today  and  now  I  cannot  revert  to  my  settings as  they  were   before  I  opened  Graphics  properties.

It  is  an  elderly  system  that  I  have :

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9

Processor Count: 1

RAM: 1014 Mb

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb

Hard Drives: C: Total - 38154 MB, Free - 15560 MB;

Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Virus scan all clear , SuperAntiSpyware scan all clear.

and  the  problem  occurs  when  I  only  open  the  access to  the  Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller , but  not  on  every  occassion.

Any  help  will  be gratefully  received.