2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 8:58 AM by lowep

DQ57TM + i7 (870) + CorsairGS700 = zero???

lowep

Hi, I have just put together my new system that is a new Intel DQ57TM mobo, a new Corsair GS700, a preloved but well-tested i7 (870) CPU and.... nothing happens apart from the green and red LED on the motherboard lighting up: no fans, no beeps, nothing :-(

So I double checked all the specs to make sure everything ought to be compatible, swapped out the PSU to make sure that is not the problem, then removed everything (apart from CPU, CPU fan and RAM), then removed and bread-boarded the motherboard to make sure the way I mounted it in the case is not the problem, then removed the 3V battery for an hour... and all I get is the green and red LED on the motherboard.

It is quite a problem as I am currently working in a remote location outside the country where I bought the new motherboard three months ago,

so any advice about what to do would be most welcome!

• 1. Re: DQ57TM + i7 (870) + CorsairGS700 = zero???
          cejurgens

So when you press the power-on switch, the front panel power indicator LED does not turn on? I guess the first thing I'd check is to make sure that the power-on switch is correctly wired; that is, when you press the power-on switch, pin 6 of the front panel header should be pulled to ground. If that is happening, then a completely silent board suggests strongly that you have a bad board.

-Clint

• 2. Re: DQ57TM + i7 (870) + CorsairGS700 = zero???
            lowep

Hi Clint, I checked the wiring of the power on switch that was right - so looks like most likely a bad board.

Could the problem be caused by a bad CPU - ie if the CPU was defective would that stop the mobo from beeping or the fans from whirring or....???