5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2012 11:03 AM by GNMilasi

Release new BiOS for DX58SO

Shirke
        • 1. Re: Release new BiOS for DX58SO
          galbicka

Anyone take the plunge yet to Bios version 5599 released 5/29/12 on a DX58SO board? Did it mess up more than it fixed or did we get lucky and get a stable update? Share your experiences for the rest of us late adopters!

• 2. Re: Release new BiOS for DX58SO
            Shirke

I'm scared to flash bios to my dx58so at the moment.

• 3. Re: Release new BiOS for DX58SO
              Magwua

I downloaded it and installed it via the windows .exe install. Its running fine for me and haven't noticed anything bad about it.

I stressed my system overnight and no problems. Everything seems good to me.

• 4. Re: Release new BiOS for DX58SO
                rj2012

I flashed my system up last Thursday - 6/14. After doing so started getting randon BSD. They have happened all weekend. I dropped back to the 5561 Bios version this morning and so far no lockup's. The BSD error read "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" - nothing in the system log to go off of. Haven't spent more than 10 minutes on the issue, I figured I would just retrace my steps and take the update off and go back a version as this was the only change I had made in a while. Wanted to make sure everyone was aware there seem to be issues.

Here is my config, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, i7 920 2.70GHz and 16 Gig Ram.

Good Luck

• 5. Re: Release new BiOS for DX58SO
                  GNMilasi

Updated the bios to version 5599 and haven't noticed anything different with reference to some sort of improvement, but also had no new problems with this update!

Good luck!