2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 6:42 AM by mubashir

(after Bios update)desktop Delayed Start After Pushing Power Button (6 or 7 Seconds delay approx) Power on Delay

mubashir

hi friends...

as i have updated my motherboard Bios to the latest version 0042 ..i have noticed that after the successfull bios update.... system starts with a delay of 6 to 7 seconds approx..means as i press the power button it takes 6 or 7 seconds to appear the intel logo..

please tell me the Problem and the solution of this..my board is Intel DH61WW (6 series chipset) what should i do... persons with proper knowlegde guide me please

• 1. Re: (after Bios update)desktop Delayed Start After Pushing Power Button (6 or 7 Seconds delay approx) Power on Delay
          Victor_Intel

Hello M

To turn on the , you only need the power supply, the processor and a monitor connected. If the system boots normally then start adding devices like th hard drive, optical drive, etc until you find out which one is holding up your computer.

PV

• 2. Re: (after Bios update)desktop Delayed Start After Pushing Power Button (6 or 7 Seconds delay approx) Power on Delay
            mubashir

Dear Vector

Thanx alot for your kind reply but i have already tried replacing Power supply and turning on motherboard without any devices attached but the issue is still there ,.... i just add one point to our discussion and that is this issue is just appear as i have updated the bios and after updating the bios i have noticed that one extra column appears in bios i.e. PERFORMANCE which was not present in the last version/default version of the bios...is this related to the issue i am suffering with... as i have complained to the computer shop from where i purchased the Computer about this issue.. they says that its normal delay..but question which appears in my mind is that why not it was before updating the bios if it is normal...

Additionally Dear VICTOR BIOS Performance option includes

1)Memory overrides.

2)Processor Overrides etc etc

Please help me after a proper research...that  can i resolve this problem by myself?..is it normal?..or i should go for a warranty check?..an aunthentic suggession is needed from ur side...

Regards:

Mubashir