Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD Graphics 3000 : modify Allocated memory

idata
Employee

Hi, I have an HD Graphics 3000 and the memory allocated his only 64MO.

I'id like to modify this to have 250 mo allocated for my video card.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

You can do this only in the Bios as far as I know if you refer to the dedicated memory. It depends on your Bios.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to do this on the bios but i did'nt find where it is.

Maybe it is impossible to do this with my bios.

I have a latpod DELL e6320 I5.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

This is some OEM Board it seems, they often lacking from some important Bios options. In this case you cannot change the dedicated memory size, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

increasing memory from bios wont help anyway. in idle state it shows 64 mb but as u run games etc it goes higher depending on how much ram memory u have got. u can check it in cpuz.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

It helps for games with wrong memory detection such as GTA4, Max Payne 3 or Trackmania. And you are wrong, if you set the dedicated RAM to 512 MB, it is available in every state. The load state doesn't make a difference.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

as u can see dedicated memory is 64 mb.... i ve a desktop and intel motherboard . i ve set it to 256 mb .... but again u maybe right.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

As you can see your dedicated memory size is 64MB, that's it. It won't go higher automatically. The application can use a lot more RAM of course from the shared system memory, but some games detect it wrong. If you start a game like GTA4 you will notice that.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

here u can see...i ve checked this in almost all games including rockstar games la noir where it touches 700 mb+ havent played gta4.... but i know intel card have some issues with rockstar games .... people who overclocked ther hd 3000 from 850 default to 1800 can get it to run smoothly. even l a noir runs at 15 fps.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

That's not your dedicated memory size, it stayed the same as you can see in your screen. As I said the iGPU can theoretically use all of the dynamic RAM which is 1,7 GB big or 1,8 GB. Some applications like GTA4 detects only your 64 MB and refuse to run or don't let you run in a higher graphics setting. That's the problem. Basically the dedicated memory size is unimportant except for some applications with a wrong VRAM detection.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

please tell me how to do it in BIOS..

0 Kudos