1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2014 7:11 AM by allan_intel RSS

Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error

James Moore

I have an Asus P8Z77-VLX board with a 120GB Intel 520 Series 2.5inch SSD. When I attempt to install the 'Intel Rapid Start Technology' software/drivers I receive the error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I've tried setting the SATA controller to both RAID & AHCI and get the same error both times. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this issue?

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

James

• 1. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
          allan_intel

Hi there!

In order to meet requirements, please see if your computer complies with the following information:

* Intel®Gen 3 CPU

* Intel® 7 series Chipset

* Solid State Drive

*Bios support

I recommend checking with your motherboard maker for any BIOS settings or even a BIOS update.

Thanks

Allan.

• 2. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
            James Moore

Thanks for getting back to me.

I presume I have all the correct requirements as IRST is a feature on the motherboard. And yes I have an SSD:

Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
              leonis2k

I have the same problem with Asus P8z77-V Deluxe motherboard. PC meets all requirements but Rapidstart wont install.

• 4. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                James Moore

I was told on another forum that it only supports 8GM of RAM; I have 16. I find that weird but maybe it's true? Haven't heard anything official on here....anyone?

James

• 5. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                  alboreto

Hello,

I have the same problem with Gigabyte motherboard.

The only difference is that to me the driver (Intel Rapid Start Technology version 1.0.0.1022) the first time begins and i see the Intel button but when i restart the system i get the same message.

I have to this system 8GB Ram so i don’t thing that memory is the problem.

The driver is the problem, but is working the process.

I format the pc 3 times (Windows 7 64bit DSP/OEM Greek Version) and i get the same message.

Georgios

• 6. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                    allan_intel

Hi there!

If you are running an intel 7 series chipset, try downloading the irst enterprise version at:

Download Cen

Thanks

Allan.

• 7. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                      alboreto

Hello Allan,

I try to use this driver but i get the same error message.

Only the CIM (System Management Utility for Windows*) i manage to install it when i search all the directories for any file. (Later i uninstall it)...

Before i say anything else let me explain once more what i did all 3 times.

I format the PC with the Windows 7 Pro SP1 Greek Version.

I install the Intel® Chipset Device Software installer. (Restart)

I install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver. (Restart)

I install the Intel 313 SSD 24GB msata with all that needs for acceleration from manual of Gigabyte. (Restart)

I enable from BIOS the Intel Rapid Start Technology. (I have the latest firmware update for BIOS).

I install the Intel Rapid Start Technology driver.

I Installing and Configuring the Intel Rapid Start Application.

I launch Intel Rapid Start Technology Manager.

I saw advance Settings.

I see in Intel® Rapid Storage Technology the acceleration of msata to my RAID (mirror). 

Now when i restart the PC the same message appears every time i restart it.

I uninstall the Intel Rapid Start Technology driver.

After restarting the PC i run from CMD as an Administrator the service irstrtsv.exe with -install and then with -start.

The service is running, once again.

The Intel Rapid Storage driver is running as well with the acceleration mode as well with my Intel msata 24GB.

The only problem is the application + manager (RapidStartConfig.exe)  i think why only when i install at first place i see it appears with other icons.

Can you help me, or anyone else...?

Georgios

• 8. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                        James Moore

I get the same message when trying to install the driver as well.

What are the requirements for this? Does it matter if I have 16GB of RAM?

I have BIOS settings enabled and it still doesn't work!

James

• 9. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                          alboreto

Hello Allan,

I try with 4GB RAM instead of 8GB.

The situation remains the same.

Maybe now that we know that the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver needs 20GB and the Intel Rapid Start Technology driver needs the same amount as the RAM we install in the PC its time for a clean install once again...!!!

I hope next time Intel say the specs clear and make larger SSD msata disks to try all together new technologies in valid PC.

Georgios

• 10. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                            quenten18

I am having the same problem I have 16GB ram almost exact same setup as james. Any help?

• 11. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                              tolsi

Here the solution to your problem:

0 Create a partition of a little more than the size of your RAM size on SSD drive. Section on the HDD does not make sense to use.

1 Load windows, Win + R, is typed "cmd" and go to the console and type "DISKPART"

2 "list disk"

3 see what drive you have SSD (in my case it is Disk 0)

4 "sel disk 0"

5 "sel part 2" (this command we choose partition what to be used for hibernation, partition size should be a little more of your RAM size)

6. "SET ID = 84 OVERRIDE" (this command, we just establish that this section will be used for hibernation, and not otherwise, it was after this command you subsequently install the rapid start drivers without problems)

7 "exit"

8 Set RST driver

9 be happy ;)

• 12. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                                jlelelr

works like charm

thanks a lot

• 13. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                                  wpcoe

Apparently the "SET ID=84" is for an MBR formatted drive.  My SSD is GPT formatted.  Any idea what the ID # would be, or where I would look? 

On the Wikipedia page for GUID_Partition_Table for Windows it has GUIDs for:

Microsoft Reserved Partition

Basic data partition

Logical Disk Manager (LDM) metadata partition

Logical Disk Manager data partition

Windows Recovery Environment

IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) partition

None of them sound like likely candidates, or are they?

Thanks!

• 14. Re: Intel Rapid Start Technology Software/Driver Install Error
                                    Martin

Well I´ve got the same problem I followed steps by Sergey so I installed Rapid Start technology, but now if I want to enable rapid storage technology, it takes all the HDD and it´s not visible for windows, so I think Rapid Start is not working properly again... I´m not sure if´s there any way how to run rapid start and rapid storage at once.... any ideas??? Just to be correct: Rapid storage tech. takes all the HDD after enabling acceleration, I just double checked and disabled acceleration in rapid storage again and rapid start partition created before were gone...... :-/ I have no idea how to enable both iRST at once, but I´m pretty sure there must exist any way, cus when I bought my laptom it was working all fine.

1 2 Previous Next