2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 12:21 AM by s22

DX79SI Bequiet PSU Restart PRoblems

s22

Hi There

i recently bought an DX79SI bundle with i7-3930k

Bios 0494

other components: Kingston HyperX CL9 2GB  (x4)

Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

TEsted PSUs:

Bequiet Straightpower E9 680W CM

Bequiet Dark Powerr Pro E9 750W (thought little more power will solve my problem)

Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W

I could send the rest of my PC configuration but meanwhile i could reduce the possible causes to the PSU and the DX79SI/i7 3930k itselve (all other components removed, only Motherboard, CPU and PSU)

first: if the System starts, it runs very well. No problems with standby, hibernation or stability, also if i stress the System . The folowing problem does not appear with the (very old and noisy) Thermaltake PSU

The Problem:

With both Bequiet PSU (that actual should fit all DX79SI recommandations) i can firts start the system but if i shut down the systemand directly do a restart the system starts to boot and after ~2 sec the system switches of (to fast to see any post codes).

After that  reboot follows but  no POST code at all (post numbers are dark) and sometimes  only one red LED.  This normally endet in a Bios recovery :-(.

If the system starts and I wait a certan time  after a shut down, i can restart without problems.

Both Bequiet PSUs and the old Thermaltake work well with my old Asus Chrossh III. (thats why i think it must be Bequiet <-> DX79SI related)

Does anyone has similar problems with Bequiet or other PSUs?

Thanks for any hints that may solve this problem.

S22

• 1. Re: DX79SI Bequiet PSU Restart PRoblems
          s22

Some update from my side:

meanwhile i tested two other brand new PSUs.

Cooler Master Silent Pro HYbrid 850W

PC starts proper and seems to work well and stable. Also no problem with excessive use (Video converting and Gaming).

But if i shut down the PC or set it to Sleep0 mode after Excessive use i cant wake the PC up. Fans start to spin and sudden shut down after few seconds. Reeboot follows but no POST at all (POST numbers dark).

Enermax Platimax 750W 
          The PC can not start at all. Suden shut dopwn after few seconds with reboot behaviour as above.

Letzs summarize:

Be quiet straighjt power 680W -> fails (sudden shut down after reboot/wake up PC)

Be quiet dark power pro p9 750W -> fails  (sudden shut down after reboot/wake up PC)

Enermax Platimax 750W ->fails (sudden shutdown after switching on)

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W-> fails (sudden shut down after reboot/wake up PC after load conditions)

Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W (very old PSU) -> all seems to work proper.

I didnt not make all test with each powersupply. It seems that there may be an overcurrent if i start/estart/reboot or wake up the DX79SI that may lead the newer PSUs do switch of but may be ignored by the old Thermaltake.

And it seems to be temperature dependant as the Coolermaster seems to work proper at least under normal conditions.

I allwas had a look at the temperatures/ voltages with Intel desktop utilities and all leights where green so far.

Again: at least the Beqquiet problems are also present with minimum configuration (only memory Motherboard and CPU)

Nope i didnt test any of the DX79SI Intel tested PSUs as they either are not easy available in germany or they are little underpowered for my system.

Anybody and idea that may help me out?

DX79SI bundle with i7-3930k

Kingston HyperX CL9 2GB  (x4)

SSD Intel 520 180GB

3 other Sata devices

Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

Win67 Home 64 bit

Bequiet Straightpower E9 680W CM

Bequiet Dark Powerr Pro E9 750W (thought little more power will solve my problem)

Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W

Enermax Platimax 750W 

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W

• 2. Re: DX79SI Bequiet PSU Restart PRoblems
            s22

Just to close this.

meanwhile i got a replacement board from Intel and all is working well.

S22