8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 2:40 PM by alkhall

IAStorIcon doesnt work

calavera

Hi,

I recently deinstalled tuneup and now I have several problems.

Every time I start my computer I recieve the message IAStorIcon.exe doesnt work anymore and i should run CHKDSK.

Several times this message was followed by IAStorUI.exe and csc.exe dont run either and i should run CHKDSK.

I tried to run CHKDSK but it didnt run either.

I finally figured out how to run CHKDSK manually and I was told that the system runs properly but I still recieve the messages that these three programms wouldnt work anymore.

I am a layman if its up to computer problems and i would be really grateful if you have some ideas how to solve the problem.

Btw I am recently told by the windows action centre that I neither have a virus software nor a firewall. But avast! is installed and running and tells me that its working properly and the computer is runnning safe.

Maybe this problem has the same source and might give you some hints.

thanks a lot for your help in advance!

sven

• 1. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
          alkhall

Have you tried a System Restore to a date before you started having the issue?

Also, what is 'tuneup'?

• 2. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
            calavera

Hi Al Hall,

thanks for your quick reply.

tune up is a software that promises to optimize your computer by turning off useless functions and speed it up.

I thought about a system restore but I was afraid that all the changes I made meanwhile, software installation and deinstallation, excel sheets and so on might get lost.

Thats why I abstained from doing it.

If I open Intel Rapid Storage Technology. i get the message that the above mentioned programms dont run but in the overview I am told that system runs properly.

could you advise a system restore?

thank you very much,

sven

• 3. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
              alkhall

System Restore should not affect any documents, e.g. Excel spreadsheets. however, you might want to back them up on another hard drive or DVD. Then, after the System Restore, re-install whatever else you need, or not, as the case may be.

Is is TuneUp Utilities 2012 ? Personally, I would avoid those types of applications.

The last resort would be a re-installation of Windows and all other software.

I keep a System Image (made through Windows backup on Windows 7) on an external hard drive and simply re-image my C:/ drive if I ever mess things up.

Good luck.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
                calavera

Hi All Hall,

thanks for your quick reply. i wasnt at home on the weekend so i wasnt able to answer earlier.

I would love to try a system restore but i have no ides how to do it?

could you please give me some advice step by step? that would be really great.

i deinstalled tuneup 2012 because many people told me that I should be carefulwith these applications.

thanks a lot for your help in advance, hope my problem will be solved soon.

sven

• 5. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
                  alkhall

Which Windows version are you using?

• 6. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
                    calavera

its windows 7

• 7. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
                      calavera

i found the topic system recovery in the action centre and tried to fix it by myself.

when i started running it i was told that the volume might be damaged and i should run CHKDSK first.

so now i am in a loop, because CHKDSK told me everything is working fine.

do you have any idea what i could do now?

thanks a lot for your help in advance!

• 8. Re: IAStorIcon doesnt work
                        alkhall

Actually, it is System Restore, not Recovery.

Start Menu>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

You should have several Restore points to choose from. I would try one close to, but before, the date you began to experience problems.

You may need to run System Restore from Safe Mode.

1 of 1 people found this helpful