Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

'The default gateway is not available' Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 problem

idata
Employee

Hello,

I own an Inspiron n5110 laptop(Dell) with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1030 wireless card. I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I constantly drop internet connection, mainly when downloading and playing games. In the right bottom corner, where my wireless connection signal strenght is showed, I get an yellow triangle with '!' mark in it saying 'Limited access'. When troubleshooting, the only way to get an internet connection again, I get a message 'The default gateway is not available' and it says that it's fixed after the troubleshoot. After awhile I lose internet connection again and everything repeats. I figured out that it's not from my router or Internet Service Provider. In my previous thread PudgyOne helped me but unfortunately in wrong direction. Now when I sorted the offender I hope that everyone will give me more accurate suggestions.So, any help is appreciated.

Alex

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vt5
New Contributor I

Hi Alex, when you encountered the problem, is your laptop plug into the power outlet or it's in battery mode? you can try setting the power option of your wireless card to maximum performance to ensure the disconnect is not due to your card is saving power for your laptop.

screenshot of the setting in win7 can be found below:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-032513.htm Intel� Centrino� Wi-Fi Products — Setting wireless adapter power management

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sage99,

I have his problem since the buyout of my new laptop, from the first days. I encounter this problem in both modes, battery and plugged, so it's not from that. Also I don't have such an option in the adapter settings but all my power-connected options are on max performance.

Alex

0 Kudos