3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2013 2:07 PM by mrsco

Mouse not working in EFI DZ77SL-50K bios

silvera8

Hi,

I have brand new DZ77SL-50K motherboard and when I will enter EFI bios my mouse is not working there. I can see cursor but I can move it only up and down. Most funny part is that it's moving up and down when I moving mouse left and right. I need to always swith to standard mode if I want to work with bios. Any suggestions how to fix this problem ? I'm using G5 Logitech mouse (laserzUSB connected).

regards

J

• 1. Re: Mouse not working in EFI DZ77SL-50K bios
          Dan_Intel

Hi,

To narrow the issue we suggest testing with a different mouse.

If the problem continues, then, remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 20 minutes.  After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs, which are located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

• 2. Re: Mouse not working in EFI DZ77SL-50K bios
            silvera8

Hi,

EFI bios will work only for cheap no name USB mouses. I'm not able to make it work for PS2 or my Logitech G5 USB mouse even after bios reset base on the steps provided by you. Is there any chance that Intel will provide fix for this as I don't want to but and change mouse every time when I will need to go to bios.

regards

J

• 3. Re: Mouse not working in EFI DZ77SL-50K bios
              mrsco

I have the same issue. has a fixed been discovered yet? i'm running the latest bios.