Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

New thread - old problem with allegro based application

idata
Employee

Hello,

as the old thread ( ) seems to be "dead" for some reason (at least nobody is answering anymore), I'm opening a new one, because the problem described in the discussion linked above still persists and so does my desire for an answer:

Why the heck does it work in dual, but not in single monitor mode?

Can't be really much to fix, can it?

Any reply is really appreciated. 😉

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi!

I understand the issue was fixed with Allegro 5 so; what I recommend as well is updating the system to Allegro 5. Seems to be the issue is related to the Allegro 4 library.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

updating to Allegro 5 is pretty much of a hassle, because the backward compatibility is poor, which means month over month over month of new testing...and our programmer just tested the allegro 5 demo programs so far, so there is no guarantee that it will fix the problem with our application.

And there is no general problem with Allegro 4, is there?

It works flawlessly in dual monitor mode and all the other intel chipset graphics solutions work flawlessly, too.

The issue is related to allegro 4 (maybe only to Allegro 4).

But it's also related to the HD2000/3000 graphics and its drivers, because we don't encounter such problems with any other graphics solution.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

that's it again? 😉

Nobody on your side who would like to investigate a little further?

Why?

As mentioned earlier, it can't be that much to fix.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos