5 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 11:52 AM by mwaughex

Build SCC-Linux with kernel 3.x

devendra.rai

Hello All,

My application uses the features provided in the C++-11 standard, which require recent versions of gnu tool chain (4.6.x) and matching glibc libraries. In addition, I require few more features that the default SCC kernel does not have.

I borrowed the starting steps from the Intel's document here: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-6869

However, the document is old, and patches Linux kernel 2.6.37 (Feb 2011 release IMO). I could not find a more recent document.

Starting with the most recent buildroot version available, I manually tried to patch the files from the "patches" folder that Intel has provided in its SVN.

I could make reasonable progress till I came across Intel supplied folder "sccLinux/buildroot-2011.05/board/intel/scc" which contains lot of patches to the kernel. Obviously, these cannot be directly applied to the new kernel (3.3).

I also found a few bugs with the build (kernel v. 2.6.37, "No acceptable version of m4 found in $PATH"), which turns out to be a known bug. I was expecting the Intel's patches would have fixed it.

In addition, the configuration file "sccLinux/buildroot-2011.05/board/intel/scc/linux-2.6.37.config" contains a line:

CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="/home/jbrummer/Projects/buildroot-2010.11/output/images/rootfs.initramfs"

which, I believe, will cause a build failure.

I have not scrutinized every file in "sccLinux/buildroot-2011.05/board/intel/scc/", but I suspect that there will more of such issues.

Can anyone at Intel or the community help? Also, I have only a remote access to SCC.

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks a lot.

Best,