Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Change Intel BMC/RMM Web Interface port

idata
Employee

Is there any way to change the web interface port for a BMC/RMM3?

It appears it will only use standard ports 80/443 with no way I can see to change these. That's a problem for remote accessing the RMM web interface because on a typical network these ports are already used for other web services. I tried port redirecting from an external port of 9999 (made up!) to the devices IP:80 and that allows remote access to the interface, but when trying to start the remote console it fails because it tries to access :9999:80 i.e. appends the standard port to the remote port setup.

Most web enabled devices privide the option to change the web port - is there such an option (maybe hidden and only accessible through the command line interface) on the BMC/RMM?

Even if there is, this may still not work if viewer continues to append the port to the external domain reference - we'd end up with it still trying to access :port>:. It would need to not append the port if the correct port is already specified.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

The original RMM let you set the port, but the RMM3 and others don't make that an editable setting anymore.

0 Kudos