Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20675 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 Drivers for Vista?

idata
Employee

When are drivers for Vista to be released?

Tried Win 7 drivers, works but system unstable.

Reinstalled XP and it works but performance was better on Vista.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Bfozz

The Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 chipsets do not support Windows Vista.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U wrote:

Hi Bfozz

The Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 chipsets do not support Windows Vista.

Hi Robert_U!

Yes I have noticed that HD Graphics 4000/2500 do not support Windows Vista..... Thats why I posted my question!

My question was when drivers for Windows Visa will be released!! ??

Having a DH67CF board I did check the bios update wizzard and with board rev. 207 and bios 151 it was go to install 3rd genneration Intel Core.

Checking the DH67CF homepage for latest Vista graphics driver showed no warning that driver did not support HD Grapichis 4000/2500.

Checking on i7 processors downloadpage not a word about the difference between the 2nd and 3rd generatation on support of graphics, it just says that grapich driver version 15.22.54.2622 (8.15.10.2622) installs on Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Nothing on wizzard page and nothing on moterboard page and nothing on processor page about supported operating systems......poor information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on You Intel!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Bfozz

We do have a supported operating system FAQ for the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 here.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics4000_2500/sb/CS-033410.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics4000_2500/sb/CS-033410.htm

I apologize if it was difficult to find. We will work to make it more visible.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert!

Yes that page was difficult to find.

If You have an Intel MoBo (I have a DH67CF) and You check compatible CPU's there shold be a warning about the operating system, because You have all the drivers on the MoBo page and don't go look around!!!

If You have a third party MoBo I could understand that You might miss it.

I just bought a Gigabyte MoBo with the Z68 chipset and the same there, Ivy Bridge compatible and the same graphic driver fo Vista if You had Ivy Bridge ord Sandy Bridge. This time I know about it and the MoBo was for a Sandy Bridge. (The old one from the DH67CF).

So You (Intel) cost me a couple of hundred greenbucks for a new Win 7. Dont't want to run the Ivy on XP, about 25% worse than Win 7.

Rgds

PS: You just get all Your links correct!.DS

0 Kudos