0 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2012 1:39 PM by am00r3

Intel License Manager for FlexLM: Installation issue

am00r3

I attempted to install Intel License Manager for FlexLM  (v11.10.0.0 build 95001 i86_n3) on a Windows 2003 SP3 server to serve up a license needed for the Intel Fortran compiler. This server is dedicated to serve up licenses for various applications. All of the FlexLM licenses on this server are located in the E: partition. Each license for applications is in its own directory with its associated LMGRD.exe, LMTOOLs etc software resident in the directory. Since the Intel License Manager for FlexLM install executable did not give me a choice to install to any location (it installs in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses),  I installed FlexLM into a folder on a PC first and then copied the folder to the E: partition of the server. I ran LMTOOLs to configure the service and point this to the license file. When the service was started, event log shows "Faulting application INTEL.exe, version 11.10.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x1001dc80." Also the IFLEXlmLog.txt will show the following entries will repeated until I stop the service:

(INTEL) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 14
      (INTEL) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.10.0.0 build 95001 i86_n3
      (lmgrd) INTEL exited with status 128 ()
      (lmgrd) Since this is an unknown status, license server
      (lmgrd) manager (lmgrd) will attempt to re-start the vendor daemon.
      (lmgrd) REStarted INTEL (pid 4520)

I have tried adding the LMGRD.exe and INTEL.exe to DEP, but this did not work. I tried rebooting the server and that did not work.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.