3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 9:32 AM by s22 RSS

DX79SI not turning on

Akaisuna Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Now first, please notice I am not an expert, I am still learning.... Yesterday I built the PC with this MOBO. i7-3930k 8gb RAM (2 - 4GB) Cooler H-80 Corsai

I have everything connected, and when I turn it on, a shiny red light in the middle of the board is on.

The only thing I haven't connected is the video card, it seems it may be the reason (I did not notice it does not have integrated video, what a silly person )

Does it happen for this? or should I worry about something else?

[Fixed]

To be more precise... Do I need a graphic card connected to turn on the PC?

• 1. Re: DX79SI not turning on
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

Andrey wrote:

Now first, please notice I am not an expert, I am still learning....

Aren't we all As you correctly point out this board has no onboard graphics but attempting to start it without a graphics card installed is unlikely to damage it. As the Extreme Series boards are aimed at enthusiasts and people who may want to extract every bit of performance from their hardware, it's likely that buyers will want to install high performance graphics cards which far outperform Intels onboard graphics.

If it's not booting and you've double checked all the connections according to the product guide from here:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/dsktpboards/db-dx79si (have a good look at all the options accessible from there - you'll learn alot) since you are using a liquid CPU cooling arrangement, what is plugged into the CPU fan motherboard header pins? Some motherboards don't like running with no fan plugged into the CPU fan headers as a safety measure but the instructions for your cooler kit may cover this....

• 2. Re: DX79SI not turning on
    Akaisuna Community Member

Now you have a good question. What do I have plugged into the CPU fan motherboard header pins?... once I find out what does it mean, I will let you know, And thank you very much for the guide, I will eat it!!!!

• 3. Re: DX79SI not turning on
    s22 Community Member

Hi Andrey.

did you solve your problem?

If you turn on the board without an grafik card it normally would end in a beep mesage of the bios (2 beeps repeating all 2.5 sec).

If that dosnt happen bios may not even get to the step to check for the Grafic adapter.

Does the board turn on at all or does it stop after certain activity?

S22

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points