DH77KC: a display problem only with the pci/e X16 HD-6570 graphics card

student10

a new computer:

Intel DH77KC board

i5-3570k

8GB RAM

Win7 64bit pro

Sapphire HD-6570 1GB

Samsung 24" 1920X1080 60Hz 32bit color. connected with HDMI-HDMI or HDMI-DVI cable

With the above setup I see blurred (or foggy) text in some areas of the screen.

If I just transfer the HDMI cable to the on board card everything looks good and no problems at all around text on the screen (this without changing any setup).

I tried installing my older HD-5450 pci/e card and exactly the same problem occurs.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the AMD driver, changed every possible definition in the bios and in windows connected to display and or pci/e function, even tried to re-install the 0069 ver. bios - nothing helped and there is still a problem with blurred text only when connected to the pci/e X16 graphics card.

I think that there could be some problem with pci/e X16 function on this board, either on my specific board or a general problem that awaits a fix from Intel.

Did anyone came across a problem like this ?

Any comment on this from Intel ? other community users ?

Thanks all !

• 1. Re: DH77KC: a display problem only with the pci/e X16 HD-6570 graphics card
          phil_l

Hi

What resolution is being outputted when connecting from the PCI express graphics card, are you outputting 1920x1080?

I don't think it would be a PCI express problem that would cause fonts to be fuzzy, is everything else okay?  It might be ClearType fonts not set up correctly, ClearType can give a slightly fuzzy effect to fonts, or your AMD graphics settings are not correct, for example it might be set thinking it is being displayed on a TV screen and applying some overscan, which zooms in slightly and will cause fine details to look less sharp.

For ClearType, assuming Windows 7, click Start and type ClearType and turn it off and see if that improves things.

Regards

Phil

• 2. Re: DH77KC: a display problem only with the pci/e X16 HD-6570 graphics card
            student10

already tried this

clear type on or off, tried every possible thing in the amd catalyst control center - the blurred text problem persists when the screen is connect to the pci/e card

any other ideas ?