Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Turbo Boost not working on i5 2467m

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a HP Folio 13 1020us laptop with HM65, I5 2467M.

My problem is that turbo boost does not operate on my system.

After talking with HP tech support, they had no solution that worked.

I'd first say that I undertand how TB works, and I've tried all sorts of benchmarks and monitoring programs to solve this but I came up empty.

I've tried the following solutions from HP:

1. Latest BIOS (not in this nor the old one is there an option for Turbo Boost enable, or anything of this sort).2. Tried to install "INTEL TURBO BOOST MONITOR" which said I could not install because my processor does not support TB.3. Tried installing "Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver" which also said that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements.4. Tried installing "Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI)" Driver which did not help.--UPDATE:Intel support didn't help because they said its OEM. I need help someone :-(--PLEASE HELP :-\Thanks in advance!!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Please bear in mind that the system manufacturers may limit the features and usage of the processor at a BIOS level; therefore you may not see the option you are looking for.

Some BIOS updates may allow you to be able to change and enable features on the system components. You should contact your system manufacturer and find out with them whether you can enable the Intel® turbo boost technology using the system configuration you have.

0 Kudos