Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD 4000 via HDMI to Panasonic AE7000U PJ. Nope.

idata
Employee

Just built a HTPC with a 3770K and ASUS P8Z77-V Pro that supports the HD 4000 GPU. Installed Windows 7 Pro x64, patched everything including an HD 4000 driver update using a Samsung VGA monitor. Works great until I replace the VGA monitor with a Panasonic AE7000U 3D projector via HDMI. The PJ is v1.4 as is (supposedly) the ASUS HDMI port. The graphics control panel reports a Panasonic PJ at 1920x1080 resolution and the desktop appears to fill the screen correctly BUT the screen is green everywhere it should be black. Icons show up with appropriate RGB colors but there's a green overlay to everything that makes the wallpaper look like the negative of a color photograph.

There is no DDC/CI support since it's not really a monitor. EDID viewers show a lot of data from the registry, and one shows the following:

Monitor # 1: Panasonic-PJ

Hardware ID: 0x0601

Device handle: 0x00010001

Device number: 0

Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1

Device string: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0162&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_09

Device flags: 0x08000005

Device driver: igdumd64 8.15.10.2696

Monitor name: \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

Monitor string: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor flags: 0x00000003

Coordinates: 0,0,1920,1080

I've got three pages of detailed EDID data but since this is my first post I don't know if I should list it here.

Assuming it's a driver problem and not a Z77 chipset or HDMI handshake problem, is there any hope that Intel would look at EDID data to see if there's an incompatibility? I don't know the relationship of this forum to the developers and don't have much hope of getting this resolved but thought I'd post it here before buying an ATI or NVidia card.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Allan,

Operator error.

Somehow, someone at some point set the PJ input signal type from 'Auto' to Component. Of course it should be RGB. Setting it back to Auto last night solved the problem.

I'm embarrassed that I didn't check that first instead of two days of EDID research. So sorry for the fire drill.

Replace operator.

John Tyson
0 Kudos