Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

SR2500ALLX FAN NOISE.

idata
Employee

Hello, first of all sorry for my english, I'm from Sapin. We have a SR2500ALLX server with redundant fans module. The problem is that large fans (all 4 of the CPU) have an orange LED stays on and rotating at high speed, make a lot noise. We bought a new fan module, thinking that the other failed, but the problem persists. I have checked the connections and fans are fine, just have a cord that is connected to the motherboard, I have not found any option in BIOS to reduce fan speed. Any solution?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
idata
Employee

I updated the BIOS but the problem persists. Now the BIOS displays the following error:

Error code: 8110

Instance: 1

I reconnected all the board components and the problem persists. I just have to try to reconnect or remove processors. On the right side of the BIOS menu showing the error, says that the instance number indicates the device fails. Any ideas? Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I updated the BIOS but the problem persists. Now the BIOS displays the following error:

Error code: 8110

Instance: 1

I reconnected all the board components and the problem persists. I just have to try to reconnect or remove processors. On the right side of the BIOS menu showing the error, says that the instance number indicates the device fails. Any ideas? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Solved updating the FRU with a bootable pendrive. Thanks!

0 Kudos