Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HD graphics 3000 and Windows Media Center

idata
Employee

I have a Lenovo Laptop with the HD 3000 graphics adapter. When I run Digital Cable Advisor for Windows Media Center it says my graphics card does not support content protection. I am then unable to move forward with the installation. Is there a solution for this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

In order to run Digital Cable Advisor you will need to add a TV tuner card to your system, I recommend reading the following URL for further information:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2010/12/30/digital-cable-advisor-lets-you-know-if-your-windows-7-pc-is-digital-cable-ready.aspx http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/extremewindows/archive/2010/12/30/digital-cable-advisor-lets-you-know-if-your-windows-7-pc-is-digital-cable-ready.aspx

The above link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Thanks

Allan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the replay Alan, but the computer must pass the Digital Cable Advisor test before a cable card can be installed. I do have a cable card that I am trying to get installed,a Hauppage WinTV DVR 2650. I can't get to the installation stage because the Digital Cable Advisor states that my Intel HD Grpahics 3000 does not support content protection. Once it fails the test, you cannot conintue with installaiton. Any other ideas? Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK, so I found a utility the allowed me to fake out the Digital Cable Advisor so it thinks my system passed all the tests. This allowed me to install the cable card fully. Now most channels play fine, but when I go to a channell with protected content like on HBO, I get a Display driver error - the video playback device does not support playback of protected content. This is probably why DCA failed on the video card. Now the content will play on the laptop built in display, just not on the HDMI output to my TV. I hope this helps. Let me know if this is something that can be fixed through the driver.

0 Kudos