3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2012 4:38 AM by mcasas

DG41RQ only recognizes half of the memory

mcasas

Hi,

I have an Intel DG41RQ with 2xKingston KVR667D2N5/1G installed. In teory, this must be 2Gb, but Windows and the BIOS only see 1Gb installes (2x512Mb memory modules).

I've tried with another pair of memory modules (same model), and the motherboard still sees only 1Gb of memory. What I'm doing wrong?

• 1. Re: DG41RQ only recognizes half of the memory
          Flying_Kiwi

What CPU is installed in the board and did you read the manual first about where to plug the DIMMs in (they have to go in particular slots - not immediately next to each other)? The users guide will be available on the CDROM with the board or else you can download it from Intels website under documentation for your board.

• 2. Re: DG41RQ only recognizes half of the memory
            mcasas

I if remember correctly, there is a Core 2 Duo 6300 installed. But it isn't my computer and I haven't it next to me.

DIMM's are plugged correctly. There are only 2 DIMM slots in the board, and in Intel's website about this board it says that these memory modules are compatible.

• 3. Re: DG41RQ only recognizes half of the memory
              Flying_Kiwi

mcasas wrote:

There are only 2 DIMM slots in the board, and in Intel's website about this board it says that these memory modules are compatible.

Oops indeed there are only two DIMM slots on this board so you don't have a choice! Kingston's memory finder website also says these DIMMs are compatible so all I can suggest is if the BIOS version is very old, try an update otherwise maybe there's a fault with the board or dirt/contamination in one or both of the DIMM slots. Have a good look with a magnifying glass and torch/desk lamp. Did the person obtain the board new and if so, what has the shop suggested?