2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 9:58 AM by

S5000PAL board power

I purchased the S5000PAL board but I can't seem to find where to connect the power button switch on the board.... I red the manaul only mentioned I need to use the standard ATX power supply (I am using Delta) so I did connect the main 24 PIN power supply connector, intalled DIMMs and Xeon 5410 CPU and when I connect the power cord, the LEDs go green

But I can't locate where to connect the front chassy power button so I can try to power it up....

Feel really stupid but can anybody help?

• 1. Re: S5000PAL board power
          Javed Lodhi

Hi Tomasv,

Find attached User Guide for S5000PAL and an attached JPG for frontpanel connection details. Refer to page 21/80 for board connector & component locations layout diagram and pg. 22/80 for their description. The supporting JPG attached briefs you on "Front Panel SSI Standard 24-pin connector pin-out" (J3H2) that you can map onto diagram given on Pg 21/80 in the user guide and hopefully you will be able to good to go.

In case you face any further problem or have any quiery we can assist you with, feel free to contact us.

Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: S5000PAL board power

Can someone tell me before i buy this board is there a special

power supply for a dual processor board. What do you recomend.