3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 2:05 PM by vbaderks

Help! Intel Rapid Storage ICH10R/D0 RAID10 2TB Limit - Disks incompatible

Burn

Hi,

Hope someone can come to my rescue!

Running an Alienware Aurora R2 with Intel Rapid Storage Technology ROM V.8.5.0.1030

4 x New Seagate Barracude 2TB 7200rpm

I wanted RAID10 for performance and redundancy, sacrificing half my storage with the theory the performance would be worth it. Not winning so far.

Ideally I wanted 1 x 500GB Volume for OS and the rest, about 3.3TB for Data on another volume.

To start with the boot RAID software would only let me create 2 volumes at a max of 2048GB per volume.

I managed to create one, RAID 10 volume with 500GB, installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, installed latest Intel Rapid Storage software and created a second volume, 3.3TB, using computer manager I set the disk to GPT and I was laughing, 500GB C and a 3.3TB D. Just perfect, till I reboot and the RAID boot says the disks are incompatible and I have to start again from scratch.

I have already rebuilt 5 times in one day trying to find a working solution. Is it a simple case of the RAID software will not read over 2048GB, and anything bigger it throws a wobbly? Can I get a firmware update for my RAID to resolve?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris