2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 3:22 PM by ANSELMO

DH67BL stopped identifying PCI slot para firewire card

ANSELMO

DH67BL stopped identifying camcorder via firewire card into the PCI slot. This machine has Windows 7, GeForce GTS 450, 12Gb of memory and 1TB HD for system (C:/)  and Core i7. In device manager it appears as installed (IEEE 1394 OHCI). I've tried to upgrade legacy, but exceeds the time has already been formatted and installed all drivers and software. I tested the card in another computer with Windows XP / Celeron processor and runs normally. What should I do now?

• 1. Re: DH67BL stopped identifying PCI slot para firewire card
          Flying_Kiwi

ANSELMO wrote:

I've tried to upgrade legacy, but exceeds the time has already been formatted and installed all drivers and software.

What does that mean? Did you unplug the camcorder from the firewire port and power off the PC totally (unplugging it from the mains) or was your testing with the Win XP machine done after you experieinced this problem? What changes have you made on the Win 7 PC since it was working fine - what do you think may have brought this problem on? I would suggest testing the card in a different slot but I see you only have one PCI slot on your board so that's not an option. Do you have the latest BIOS on the board and are BIOS default values loaded?

• 2. Re: DH67BL stopped identifying PCI slot para firewire card
            ANSELMO

Hello,

believe in the possibility, which was also cited by card manufacturer's technical support (COMTAC), some incompatibility system after an upgrade from Windows 7 through Windows Update that happens automatically. I did not make radical changes, only update after formatting. I tested the firewire on the other PC with Windows XP before and after the formatting and it worked.

Before formatting I had updated the BIOS.

Talking with several technical informatics and most of them believed to be a problem in the slot. There would be fixed?

SDS

Anselmo