2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 4:58 AM by lcqxinyun

I have a suggestion,about make a super-computer for family.

lcqxinyun

I don't know why has this idea, the summer of 2009, my brother and I use the slow network speed, like a snail, with a CPU LE-1100 computer (I have been sold  it, LOL)

OK, here we go!

My reason to build this machine:

Today's computer performance is very powerful, the graphics performance is also very powerful. But we will not be 24 hours with all their performance, but also to put up with their noise, power consumption and occupy the space! SO I think, can it be more simple, easy and more efficiency?

SO I have this idea:

A home computer use high-speed wired connection form a network, then multiple family members can access to the Internet, work or use other mobile terminal and use this computer communication, make  this computer to become a center process unit. All the information what we need can display  on the monitor through High-speed cable.

Need things:

1) Lightpeak, a converter now called Thunderbolt, 10GBps/s supports multiple protocols, sufficient bandwidth, small area,can be integrated into the monitor.

2) High-speed wireless transceiver

How to achieve it?

Okay, I'll explain, in fact, I think 80% of people use the computer only use some of the commonly used functions, such as listening music, watching movies, Internet, OFFICE, play simple games. With the popularization of computers, a family at least has 2-3 computers or more. One computer to occupy one space, why not build a supercomputer, as a processing center with a more powerful computer, use thunderbolt to build a home network to transmit the input and output signals with a thunderbolt. Thunderbolt converter directly driver screen, and the monitor can Integrated High-speed wireless transceivers, voice input and output, so that we do not need a host in the side occupy our desktop.

Application:

1) No noise around, the desktop is more simple and tidy. Thunderbolt connected to the super computer, you will not see any host. Only one monitor, keyboard and mouse on the table.

2) handheld device communication will be more freedom, you can use High-speed wireless network (already integrated in the monitor), Family supercomputers will join the Tablet PC data computing or cell phone data computing. And at home, Several of wireless transceivers work in very low transmit power and build a family wireless roaming network, It can handle the data which transmission of multiple devices, And processing data will send back each device. Such as TV, the Pad and Cellphone!

For example, the cellphone’s media data can be transmitted through the wireless transceiver, and then by the thunderbolt to the host, and the host processing the video will play in the TV by another thunderbolt cable. We can also access the host media files, through the wireless transceiver processing the video stream directly on the Pad or Mobile phone to watch. Here, the supercomputer is act a transit and data processing centers.

3) When using supercomputers to process the data. Phone’s or Pad’s unnecessary devices will standby, because the high-speed wireless transceiver can direct to drive the screen. Cellphones and Pads will save power, to be low temperature and also has a fast computing power and more battery endurance.

For example, the notebook of the future is a modular construction. When use at home, it has the super-computer, when we outside just put the computing module in. Low Power, Low Heat, Low Weight!

4) Abandoned the complicated computer connection. A thunderbolt line can support input and output signals. If the keyboard and headphones are also wireless access, will be more simple.

5) Thunderbolt daisy chain capable of supporting multiple displays. Such as use of multiple monitors for photo wall.

6) Supercomputers centralized management, optimizes network distribution and computer resource allocation. A person uses, full performance, a family use, intelligent distribution.

7) In energy consumption, the super computer is idle time can stand, turn off the discrete graphics card, turn off the CPU core, close the extra memory and hard drive, and low power operation.

Of course, It can be used for commercial or educational, you can only bring one with a storage function Pad, this the Pad can use the family super-computer at home, when you go to work on the road, you can use your phone as a computing module is inserted into the pad, as a tablet computer. When reach the company you can access the company Supercomputer to read your personal files, or through the network to the home of the files loaded into the company supercomputer for running. A school which does not need to purchase many normal computer because has the supercomputer, thereby reducing the cost of doing education. We can use the computer for children to learn computer, the same level of funding for education, we can do more things!

My idea of fact, this is a private cloud server, but I prefer to improve the utilization of the computer, and take full advantage of the performance of the computer. Freedom of communication between computers and devices, people can be arbitrary. Well, We use a RISC device can play CISC game. How exciting.

Sorry for badddddd english!

• 1. Re: I have a suggestion,about make a super-computer for family.
          Dan_Intel

We will make sure your comment reaches the proper department for future consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

• 2. Re: I have a suggestion,about make a super-computer for family.
            lcqxinyun

Thank you, sir.

Sorry for the poor English!

At first, I had ask ASUS company's guys last year, but they said that they cann't do that because they have no driver and didn't know how to driver the thunderbolt. also, now I send this to INTEL comp and AMD. I think High integration is the trend of the future.

Here is about the system :

Spores System is a multi-user time-sharing operating system. At first, only a mother system, including all the hardware drivers, and allocate space to each user's hard drive address configuration. When a user logs on, the mother system will allocate memory space and allocation of CPU performance (numbers of CPU core), copies itself to the a new basic memory. then loading the user to configure and read its hard limits of space, and without bounds. So that each subsystem has a host driver, can directly drive the hardware, to dispense with a this layer of the mother system, enhance efficiency, the mother system is only responsible for scheduling resources and interrupt the user program debugging. Into the individual system is to load the user's configuration. So the program can run without disturbing each other between the various accounts. Just like a television set, is a user, its permissions will be limited to read media files.