1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2011 2:28 PM by rebayona

External eSATA Hard drive not recognized by DG33FB

rebayona

Hi. I just bought a external hard drive from Cavalry. The model is CAXE series 1TB, which features USB support and also includes eSATA kit.

In my DG33FB I have a SATA port available, I have two hard drives and a optical unit conected to the other three ports. If I connect external hard drive via USB it works fine, but when I do it using the eSATA connection, it is not recognized, not even by the BIOS on the drives section. I tried changing on the BIOS "Configure SATA as…" from "IDE" to "AHCI" and at least the external hard drive started to blink when booting windows, but later I had a blue screen and can't boot. Had to go back to IDE and it went back to normal: BIOS doesn't recognize the external hard drive.

BIOS is up to date (DPP3510J.86A.0517) and also chipset drivers. Is there a way to use this hard drive via eSATA or it is just taht my board doesn't support it? It would be great to be able to take advantage of that 3.0Gbps of transfer rate instead of the 480Mbps of the USB.

Thanks!