Please note that Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) uses an extensible software architecture that allows the operating system to think the notebook has two Wi-Fi radios performing similar, but different, functions. Each virtual Wi-Fi radio is assigned a TCP/IP stack.
Intel My WiFi Technology communicates to IEEE* standards-based 802.11 Wi-Fi devices, enabling most of the base functionality of the WLAN and Wi-Fi PAN driver to be shared.
Note that the computer needs to be connected via wireless in order for the system to broadcast a wireless signal to other devices, it will not work as expected or might not work at all if the computer is connected via lan cable.
Here are some articles that might help understanding how to use this technology:
How do you create and use Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) profiles?
How to connect devices using Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT) with WPS*
I hope this clarify how this technology works.
Thanks for the reply.
So the problem is that My Wifi wasn't designed to work with wired connections?
What's the point of that? If my laptop is connected to a wireless connection, then I would have no need to use this My Wifi technology because I could just connect my hand held devices to the same access point.
This clarifies the technology is pointless. The only reason I am using the utility is because I forgot my router and am using lan. This is the ultimate circlejerk. There no reason it should cut out at all. It is merely an engineering failure and the fact is was even released is probably the result of a convoluted bureaucracy. ARM the world now please
I Have no Idea why the the guy from Intel given such an answer like that. It's work with Wired internet..!!! I had same problem too... So what i have done is...
1) Open Network sharing center
2) Click change adapter setting .. u will see here a lot of connection other than local area network..i.e....wireless connection 1.. 2... 3... etc.
3) Right click on the local area network
4) Click on sharing tab
5) Under connection sharing , check the box " Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection".
6) Now, Under " Home networking connection" you have to select which wireless connection is for have to design to be hotspot for your device. Click ok....( If you dont have it .. u have to create on folder " change adapter setting".)
7) Then enable back ur Intel wifi technology.. Walla... Connected and you can surf to the internet with ur phone or tab via PC ( intel wifi technology).
If still cant....Others things you have to setup.. is under Intel Wifi technology. Go to profile setting. under "sharing tab". Choose disable on both "Filter network traffic" and "DHCP and DNS servers".
Your Intel Wifi technology's should be working now.. to let your PC become hotspot with using wired lan connection..