4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 7:43 PM by wa4fgn

DG45ID with Viewsonic N3751W TV Thru HDMI has red cast......

wa4fgn

As the title indicates, I have two DG45ID motherboards and both have the same issue. When I connect the HDMI port up to the Viewsonic N3751W, I get a solid picture but all the colors are tined red. I have tried the Viewsonic drivers for the TV and I have attempted (in vain) to do color correction. The DVI port is flawless. I bought this motherboard to build a machine for my sisters birthday so she could work with her tv thru HDMI and a second monitor to the DVI port. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32bit with 4gb memory, 2.85ghz Intel Core2 Duo Processor. I do have all the updated drivers for this mb loaded and running (downloaded from Intel itself) I would really appreciate some input as her birthday is on the 29th of April and I am running out of ideas.

Wayne Hill

• 1. Re: DG45ID with Viewsonic N3751W TV Thru HDMI has red cast......
          JFFulcrum

Have you tried with all three HDMI inputs on TV? Also, according to product manual, TV isn`t capable for FullHD video input on HDMI ports, which resolution you have set for connected TV?

• 2. Re: DG45ID with Viewsonic N3751W TV Thru HDMI has red cast......
            wa4fgn

JFFulcrum

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried all three inputs and I have tried at least 2 different HDMI cables. No change. I have tried resolutions ranging from 800x600 to 1280x1024. No matter what resolution I use, the red cast is always there. The DVI port is GREAT!. I have also gone to the expense of getting another MB and the new one does the same thing.

The TV will work perfectly with AppleTV, every DVD, Blueray, VCR or other HDMI input we have thrown at it. The only thing I have not tried (because we do not have another one) is another monitor/TV with HDMI inputs to see if we get the same results.

If I could "color correct" the red cast out of the picture and return it to balanced color, I would not have even brought this up. I also noticed that in my search for this problem, I found one other discussion with this same problem. However the discussion was never completed. That user was using the same MB but running Windows 7 64 and got the same results.

I am as puzzled now as ever. I even hoped above hope that when I installed the Viewsonic driver, that Windows would see it and update it to better drivers. The Result.....It changed my monitor back to PNP Generic Monitor.

Signed

30 years in the IT Field and no answers to this problem,

Wayne Hill

• 3. Re: DG45ID with Viewsonic N3751W TV Thru HDMI has red cast......
              JFFulcrum

Looks like bad TMDS transmitter serving HDMI output on board. But Viewsonic... This vendor had very bad DVI/HDMI compatibility some years ago, PC monitors had to go through a firmware update to work with NVIDIA cards, for example. Functionality for EDID override was asking from Intel years ago ( http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=62749 ) , but we still forced to use dirty tricks like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487330 ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1091403  for better explanation)

• 4. Re: DG45ID with Viewsonic N3751W TV Thru HDMI has red cast......
                wa4fgn

Thank you for the enormous amount of information. I will have to take some time and try to figure out if the solutions will work for me. As I have never tried doing anything like this I will have to find the time to sit down and figure out HOW to make this work.

I do find it a bit improable that two mb have the same problem (Looks like bad TMDS transmitter serving HDMI output on board). Of course I have discovered some really strange things in my 30+ years as a IT /Network tech.

I was hoping that someone had already come up with a driver or other simple fix. Using EDID editing will take some serious time. I am still open to any and all other suggestions if anyone has anything else to add or suggest.

Wayne Hill