3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 2:20 PM by richard451 RSS

Unable to get Push2TV 1000 to work.

richard451 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

I just purchased a new Push2TV and I am unable to get it to work with my X200T.  Basically the Intel WiDi app is inable to find an adapter.  I have current wifi/video/widi drivers and I have firewall passthroughs for the widiapp and pan dns/dhcp.  I also tried to reset the push2tv adapter.  Any help woul dbe appreciated.

• 1. Re: Unable to get Push2TV 1000 to work.
    HighVoltage Community Member

If you are running a Wireless N network, you may have the X200t using 5.0Ghz band. The 1000 only works with 2.4Ghz. Depending on your wireless router, you shoulde be able to drop the connection to 5.0Ghz and establish a connection to 2.4Ghz.

I'm curious though that you bought the 1000 new? The 2000 has been out for quite a while. Unlike the 1000, the 2000 supports widi 2.0 and both the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz bands.

• 2. Re: Unable to get Push2TV 1000 to work.

I am running a Wireless N network.   When I get home tonight, I'll try to run the network at 2.4Ghz and see if that makes a difference.  What your saying makes sense though.

I'm curious though that you bought the 1000 new? The 2000 has been out for quite a while.

eBay deal of the day for $35.  I wanted to try the technology to see if it is worthwhile and was hesitant on buying the 2000 since WiDi 3.0 is coming out soon (it was just announced in todays Ivy Bridge release slides).  I'm not sure if Netgear and other vendors will come out with new devices to support this (I get the impression it is kind of on life support).

• 3. Re: Unable to get Push2TV 1000 to work.

That was it!

Thanks for the assistance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points