8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 8:58 AM by unknoweb

[Solved]Flash bios error

unknoweb

Hi,

I have a problem when I flash the bios for the motehboard DG33FB

[url=http://nnp.crew.free.fr/bios/1.JPG]Flash Bios[/url]

[url=http://nnp.crew.free.fr/bios/2.JPG]Reboot and error[/url]

[url=http://nnp.crew.free.fr/bios/3.JPG]Error bios[/url]

I must update bios because my current bios is the 0293 and I have intel processor E7500 I must have bios version 0484 or higher

scuse me for my bad english

• 1. Re: Flash bios error
          Flying_Kiwi

Why not use the very simple (just double click the downloaded exe file) Express method from within Windows - you are running Windows right? You may find it helps to update in increments if one update to the final version doesn't work but you should be able to get there using simpler methods than the one you've tried.

Edit: I'd also suggest (if you haven't already done so) that for the sake of simplicity, you ensure no non-essential hardware is plugged into the boards slots or USB ports (ONLY a monitor, mouse and keyboard, that's it) and load and save BIOS default values before trying again with the express method. If this doesn't work then try the recovery method (reading the instructions first).

• 2. Re: Flash bios error
            unknoweb

thanks for your reply,

yes i use windows but I already try all the methods "windows, linux, dos" and different firmware! :-(

• 3. Re: Flash bios error
              Flying_Kiwi

See my edit made at the same time as your reply. What happened with the Express method while running Windows (you did read the instructions and start it within Windows didn't you) - any screen shots of that error message? Is your PC plain vanilla as referred to earlier eg no added graphics cards or unnecessary USB devices connected etc? Did you try an incremental update ie update to one step newer version then one step newer again etc?

• 4. Re: Flash bios error
                unknoweb
                What happened with the  Express method while running Windows (you did read the instructions and  start it within Windows didn't you) - any screen shots of that error  message?

No error message just it will restart the PC and it made the same mistake failed

Is your PC plain vanilla as referred to earlier eg no added  graphics cards or unnecessary USB devices connected etc?

Exactly I have everything unplug

Did you try an  incremental update ie update to one step newer version then one step  newer again etc?

yes my bios is 0293 and the next bios is 0297  => Failed

Edit: I'd also suggest (if you haven't already done so) that for the  sake of simplicity, you ensure no non-essential hardware is plugged into  the boards slots or USB ports (ONLY a monitor, mouse and keyboard,  that's it) and load and save BIOS default values before trying again  with the express method.

I have already and I just do it again and always the same

If this doesn't work then try the recovery  method (reading the instructions first).

recovery method ?? with the jumper ??

• 5. Re: Flash bios error
                  unknoweb

I try all I really know why it does not work!

I have a probleme with ME in boot

Look  ==>  http://nnp.crew.free.fr/bios/4.JPG

• 6. Re: Flash bios error
                    Flying_Kiwi

unknoweb wrote:

recovery method ?? with the jumper ??

That's the one, as per the section on the Readme.pdf available on the BIOS download page titled Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates I'd suggest you use the CDROM method but use another (known good) PC to download the BIOS file and burn it to a CDROM. I've seen these sorts of problems when default values weren't saved in the BIOS (even though they may have been loaded). You did save out of the BIOS after loading defaults didn't you? Is your monitor connected to the on-board VGA port and are your mouse and keyboard using the on-board PS2 ports (or are they USB devices)?

Here's another (much more detailed) page about using the BIOS recovery process http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm?wapkw=bios+recovery - note it's very important that you read and understand it thoroughly before proceding - let us know of anything you don't understand before you start.

• 7. Re: Flash bios error
                      unknoweb
                      You  did save out of the BIOS after loading defaults

YES

Is your  monitor connected to the on-board VGA port and are your mouse and  keyboard using the on-board PS2 ports

YES

Here's another (much more detailed) page about using the BIOS recovery process http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm?wapkw=bios+recovery - note it's very important that you read and understand it thoroughly  before proceding - let us know of anything you don't understand before  you start.

I'm going to see it thank you

• 8. Re: Flash bios error
                        unknoweb

The solutions that you offered me I had already tested and after having retry with several media that did not work! but I managed to flash my bios :-)

Here's what has to follow that I made!

Only connect your usb key to the pc with the root file your bios and rename it to update.bio update.itk and with jumper put the recovery mode and boot your PC and activate the leave at least 5 minutes and shutdown manualy .... enjoy

Thanks for your help my friend :-)