3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 11:39 AM by mechbob RSS

video card problems

chunkmclargehuge Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Do you have to diable the onboard video on the dh67blb3 motherboard for a seperate video card to work? I'm trying to use a radeon 6970 but every time I put it in the computer won't boot up, it boots fine with the card out. Is this a card problem or is there something I need to do to the motherboard to recognize the video card?

• 1. Re: video card problems
    Dan_Intel Community Member

Hello,

The PCI Express* slot will automatically disable the onboard graphics after installing the card; there is no setting at a BIOS level to do so.

Our recommendation is confirming compatibility information with the card manufacturer, if possible test with a different one to narrow the issue.

• 2. Re: video card problems
    yf38 Community Member

Hi,

In the configuration menu of DH67BL bios, there is a video settings line. (I own a DH67GD with same hardware/bios).

Entering this sub menu you will find several choices.

Usually, as said before, everything is in auto mode and your PCIe card should be detected with a monitor plugged in, however there are so much possibilities that it is better to check these settings.

• 3. Re: video card problems
    mechbob Community Member

What Power supply do you have , Most HD 6970s  Draw about 70 Amps , and have one 6 pin plug and one 8 Pin Plug ,  with a card like this most Mfg. would say a Min. 550 watt , I would use a 850 watt . Because you have alot of other stuff that eats power.  Did you have another card before you installed the HD6970?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points