Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Is Intel i7 Extreme Processor compatible with Alienware 0J560M motherboard?

idata
Employee

Hi,

i am using an Alienware 0J560M motherboard with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz processor. I am considering the 2nd gen intel i7 extreme for an upgrade but i am not sure if it's compatible with the current motherboard i am using. I have used the compatibility check provided by the intel website but it has no information for the motherboard i am using. Anyone in the forum can help me?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

We rely on the motherboard and system manufacturers to maintain such compatibility information because their testing requires the use of our processors (not vice-versa). The board must be validated for the power and thermal specifications of the processor. The manufacturer must release a BIOS update for the board with explicit support for the stepping and frequency of the processor. They should also provide any configuration changes or updates specific to the board. Compatibility and upgrade information must be specific to a motherboard, and it must come from the motherboard manufacturer.

We recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer for compatibility information between the Intel(R) processors and your motherboard.

0 Kudos