0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 9:36 PM by Mikealpha

Help My intel rapid storage technology reads SATA I speeds instead of SATA II

Mikealpha

Now my controller  is {Intel(R) ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E/5 Series/6 Series SATA RAID Controller} and my laptop has a chipset {Intel HM67 (Cougar Point) [B3] } and my processor is { Intel Core i7-2620M } motherboard is manufactured by sony ,

My controller says that my internal hard drive (SAMSUNG HM500JI) transfer speed is 1.5 GB/S  { I looked up the hard drive it's capable of transfer speed SATA II 3 GB/S}

I contacted sony they said intel rapid storage technology software should give you transfer speed of 3 GB/s SATA II

I don't know what to do my computer has been very slow since the last bios update in Novemeber 2011 and I couldn't figure out why until I came across this !

Now question is : Is the problem with the intel controller or the with the Bios update from sony ?

I have also a problem getting to sony engineers about this problem I have to go through 2 levels of support and they pass my question to sony engineers whom  I can't contact directly.

Thanks for any advice or input.