1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 4:07 PM by eljuan

serious error with INTEL storage driver

I have just experienced a serious error; Microsoft advises that it was caused by : Intel storage driver (inechndr.sys); also says it is no longer supported by Intel but that I should contact Intel or should uninstall the driver;  so what should I do and what does Intel advise? what would be the effect on my desktop if I uninstall this storage driver?  NEED ANSWER QUICKLY.

THANK YOU.

• 1. Re: serious error with INTEL storage driver
          eljuan

I'm not sure which storage driver this one refers to but in general the OS will not let you completely remove a storage driver so as not not completely break the setup leaving the system unbootable. I usually lookup the drivers for the MB first, as a staring point. Then for example go to the raid matrix storage manager page.

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/

Then choose the highest version which supports BOTH your hardware and OS. Then using control panel un-install the old version, as best as the os will allow, reboot install the new version and reboot again.

I have found it to be most beneficial to remove the older versions, prior to installing the new ones for audio, video, lan, ime etc.