Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel My WiFi with Windows 8 Consumer preview on Dell XPS15

idata
Employee

I have a Dell XPS 15 and I recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview. After that, Intel My WiFi has stopped working. The wireless driver works fine and I can access web etc. but I am not able to get My WiFi software to work. I get an error "A Supported Intel Wireless Network Adapter was not found on this computer". I go to Device Manager and everything is fine with the wireless adapter. Any suggestions on what to try OR do I need to wait for Intel to release new software that will support Windows 8? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hey I'm having the same issue! Dell XPS15, MWT used to work superbly till I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview (of course, I regret it, lost MWT due to it).

I tried reinstalling the Wireless driver from the CD I got alongwith the laptop, but to no avail.

Please, need help here. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Agree. Intel ProSet does not work in WIN8. I have tried a number of approaches, and while the various tiles appear on Metro and all of the "tools" show up in Control Panel>Network the WiFi Network Adapter works (Intel Advanced-N 6200 ANG with Microsoft drivers 14.1.2.2 dated 10/6/2011), none of the PROSet stuff works (e.g., Intel My WiFi Technology" and PROSet/Wireless Tools").

My WiFi does not work on WIN8 (nor do the My WiFi Utilities). Period. This is a big loss for me since I have 6 other WiFi devices that My WiFi is a attaced to and therefore the WIN8 has a greatly dimisnished value to me, since these no longer work!s with some of the other comments, all worked PERFECTLY under WIN7 Professional and Ultimate.

I am runing an x86-based xplore hardended tablet. Is there some WIN8 new functionality to have the equivilant of My WiFi that I have not found?

UPDATE: I also tried using Intel driver 14.3.1.1 12/8/2011 - same results.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Seen as it is a consumer preview (not even a beta release) i wouldn't expect support for this product on the Windows 8 platform at this stage if i was you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
TheMagic89 wrote: Seen as it is a consumer preview

(not even a beta release) i wouldn't expect support

for this product on the Windows 8 platform at this

stage if i was you. Since it is a consumer preview, and it follows the developer's

preview, and the next one scheduled for June is a pre-release,

and with a tentative rollout for October, these are the betas.

I'd guess the prerelease will fix 75% of these types of issues.

In the mean time, I've installed it in VMware Workstation, and

set it up to NAT off the interface so it will work no matter

what type of connection I have.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Guys,

I just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro. And while I do have my wifi setup as a hotspot, my smart phone connects to it, but internet sharing refuses to work. I have absolutely no clue what to look at. This worked like a charm in Windows 7 pro. Getting frustrated trying to figure out what to do.

Yesterday, I figured my android music wouldnt play via bluetooth on Windows 8, again something that worked great on windows 7.

I am really trying to accept Win8 but each one of these issues is pushing me against it!

My system

Dell XPS15.

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

-Leon

0 Kudos