hello, im having trouble installing IRST drive

heres my spec that i recently purchased

x79 sabertooth

3.6ghz cpu

gtx590

ram 16gb

ssd 120gb kingston

1tb samsung hdd x2

even its fresh new install, whenever i install this IRST enterprise drive .. everything crashes.. then few min later it works and freeze again .. work again..

my mobo disk has IRST enterprise sata drive and also asmedia sata drive as well. but now i installed only asmedia sata drive.

i didnt set any RAID set up at hdd at all.

is there anyways to fix this problem? because whenever i install this drive whole windows system is freezing ..

now i can write this down here because i didnt install IRST enterprise yet..

also i tried to install IRST no enterprise , but im getting error message, that my system doesnt meet the minimum requirement.

PLZ HELP ME TO FIX THIS

• 1. Re: IRST enterprise problem
    zeke009 Community Member
    Currently Being Moderated

If you install it again, note the Mode reported when you open Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise application.  Considering you can get that far.

I am not using RAID, but this driver is reporting it is running in RAID mode.  I found another user with the same motherboard as me (Gigabyte X79-UD3) and he has these drivers installed and it is reporting AHCI.  He is able to use a number of applications that I can not use because of the Mode it is running in.

Maybe it is loading in RAID mode (like me) and the ASUS UEFI BIOS conflicts with it since you have RAID disabled?

I've detailed my issue here: http://communities.intel.com/message/151852#151852

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points