3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 10:50 AM by sterion75

Intel Integrator Assistant Not Worky

sterion75

We need to input the serial numbers of our PC's into the SMBIOS. The only way I can see to do it is with the IIA/

We have DG33BU, DG45ID, DH55TC, DH67BL and the IIA says to all of them their not supported motherboards

What is going on? I see a lot of people with this error but no answers? Ive tried installing intel desktop utilities which was suggested on one post but this also didnt work

Using IIA 1.1.7.872a

Robbie

• 1. Re: Intel Integrator Assistant Not Worky
          sterion75

It seems to work on a fresh image however some that were imaged last week it isnt working

Is there a time limit or something built in? ive tried breaking a working PC by running all windows updates, updating all drivers, updating bios etc but no luck still works

• 2. Re: Intel Integrator Assistant Not Worky
            sterion75

Got a bit further with this

If you run iassist on a new install from a memory stick it works fine and will work everytime unless

If you try and run iassist from a network location or mapped drive it fails. It will also then subsequently fail on a memory stick on that machine. I'm guessing the system is blocking it or a file/setting is altered when running from a mapped drive?

Robbie

• 3. Re: Intel Integrator Assistant Not Worky
              sterion75

When you run the tool from a network drive it creates a service driver in the registry which fails as it trys to load a dll from the network which windows blocks

I have written a script to delete this but requires a reboot. Variable64.sys is not alwaysfound. All these entries are supposed to clean up after the program exits

batch file

net stop efivariable
              regedit /S efi.reg
              del /Q C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\variable64.sys

registry file (efi.reg)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EfiVariable]

Hopefully this will help someone

Robbie